Today is Donald Duck's Birthday
June 9this Donald Duck's Birthday! Yes, he’s an animated character, but that doesn’t mean he gets gipped. So how does June 9thfactor in? It was June 9th, 1934 that he debuted in the Silly Symphony cartoon,"The Wise Little Hen."
- In the 1942 film, “Donald Gets Drafted,” it was revealed that Donald's full name is Donald Fauntleroy Duck. And for the record, he’s the only Disney character with an officialmiddle
- The worldwide popular cartoon duck is known by different names in different countries: in Italy he is called “Paperino”, in Finland “Aku Ankka”, in Denmark “Anders And” and in Saudi Arabia “Batut.”
- Donald has appeared in more films than any other Disney character, featured in more than 178 theatrical releases compared to Mickey Mouse’s 137 movies.
- He is the fifth most published comic book character in the world after Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and Wolverine.
- Donald has a twin sister named Thelma "Della" Duck, although she's sometimes mentioned as "Dumbella."
- Donald doesn't have any children of his own, but he spends a lot of time in movies, TV episodes, and comic strips with his three nephewsHuey, Dewey, and Louie. One comic explains that Della was an astronaut and so she made Donald the boys' legal guardian right before she embarked on a dangerous mission to outer space
- In order to get Donald's voice just right, the voice actor not only has to be trained, but a special microphone, called a Neumann TLM-170, has to be used. The microphone "rounds out high tones" and "smoothes out" the harshness of Donald's accent.