There are tons of iconic Disney desserts from Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Bars to churro bites, but there are some that are so over-the-top, so delicious, and so legendary, that only true Disney fans have tried them...until now!
The Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for the Kitchen Sink sundae from the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. This treat is RIDICULOUS and amazing, there are truly no other words to describe it...except maybe one more...MASSIVE. Yeah, if you've never had it, you should know that this ice cream sundae is served in a literal kitchen sink! It's kind of a big deal!
The prep work and ingredients for this dessert will likely take up a big portion of your freezer, fridge, and counters becauseit boasts a whopping 28 ingredients.If you have a sweet tooth, you likely already have some of these at your disposal like chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, and rainbow sprinkles, butyou might have to buy the WHOLE CAN OF WHIPPED CREAM you'll be topping it with. That said, you probably shouldn't rip the kitchen sink off your wall just to make it authentic. Sorry!!!
This dessert isdesigned to feed four-to-six people, so gather your (live-in!) family around, whip this up and settle in for a nice, long sugar rush after you've taken the whole thing down. Sounds pretty delicious to me! You can find the full recipe here.
- 1/2 cup warm fudge topping
- 1/2 cup warm butterscotch topping
- 1/2 cup warm peanut butter topping
- 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 1/4-inch), quartered
- 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 1/2-inch), quartered
- 2 generous scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 generous scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 generous scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 generous scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 generous scoop coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry topping
- 1/4 cup pineapple topping
- 14-ounce can dairy whipped topping
- 1 large brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
- 1 regular-sized candy bar, quartered
- 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon crushed chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices, about 2 large slices
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries