In case you missed it, it was Pi Day was on March 14th and the folks at Eat This, NotThat! compiled some new data to find out which pie was the most popular in every state.
There were some regional generalities in that cherry pie ruled the Midwest, Pumpkin pie was big in the West and some of the southern states preferred Key Lime pie. Here’s a look at what pies are popular where:
- Banana Cream Pie – The favorite in North Dakota and Minnesota and Ambitious Kitchen's recipe claims to be the World’s Best Banana Cream Pie.
- Peach Pie – While you might’ve expected Georgia would be the state mentioned, but Wyoming and Colorado were the winners and you can get a recipe from Lil’ Luna HERE.
- Chocolate Pie – Popular in Virginia, Vermont and Arkansas.
- Key Lime Pie – Florida, Alabama and South Carolina all favored this pie and here’s a recipe for The Easiest Key Lime Pie.
- Pecan Pie – Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, Mississippi and North Carolina love this classic. Food.com has what they call the ‘Utterly Deadly Pecan Pie’ – and you can find that recipe HERE.
- Pumpkin Pie – the Thanksgiving classic was the favorite of people in California, Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, South Dakota, New Mexico and Utah and Lil’ Luna has their recipe HERE.
- Cherry Pie – 11 states including Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, West Virginia and Wisconsin picked cherry pie and Cooking Classy has a recipe for Cherry Pie Bars.
Source: EatThis, NotThat!